Thursday, 1 August 2013

Creative Crafting Bus Tour Stop Number 1 - Welcome to the Old Button.

Hello. And welcome. Come on in. Hope you had a good journey. Of course, you haven't come far yet - I'm the first stop on the Creative Crafting Bus Blog Tour.  Although maybe you have come a long way to join the tour.

Everyone in? Sitting comfortably? Good.

So, is anyone up for a Swop? What's a Swap? you say......

Swaps are a great way to share your talents with others and to let others inspire you.


Basically, a swap is an exchange of something you have made, using your special skills and techniques. And you swop it with someone else. Simple!   OK, there are a few rules - a sort of swop etiquette - but it's pretty easy really.

I'm going to give this Swop a Christmas theme.

I do hope you're interested - if so just sign up by the 1st September - I'm looking for between 6 and 10 volunteers.

I'll pair you up pretty randomly and send you your swop partner contact details.

You make something using Christmas  - or Winter Celebration - as your inspiration and send it to your partner by the 1st October. You can use any materials - metal, felt, paper, wood, fabric, wool, found items, glass..... And any techniques - patchwork, card makings, jewelry, felting, soap making, weaving, painting.......


It's not exact, as it is the love of crafting we are sharing, not a monetary value, but I'm setting a guide of around £10 - £15 on the Swop - that the price you might charge if you were selling it, not the cost of the materials!

And you have to be able to post it, so no huge willow reindeers or king size quilts please - if you usually make big things, think about how you can do a mini version.

And if you want to send me some pictures and a little story of your Swop, I'll feature you and your makes on my blog - and your shop link if you sell your crafts - great publicity for you in time for Christmas.

So are you up for it? If so, comment here or pop over to my Facebook page and send me a message. I'll send you all the details - and I'll give more info in my next blog post too.




I won't say goodbye, as I'm coming on the tour with you. Lots of stops - places to see and people to meet.  I'm really looking forward to it. Onwards Bus Driver to our next stop........ 

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous idea, count me in... and great blog! From Kristin @pastelesta x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there... yep sign me up for the swap please!! Lisa xxx
    Off With Her Head Millinery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there fromGlasspirations - yes please sign me up xox Lovely first blog :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just joined in from the Bus Stop Tour - I'd like to join in the swap please, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Pickle Lily - can't seem to be able to email you - can you message me an email address and I'll send you details.

      Delete
  5. I would LOVE to join a swop, it´s a great way to see what other people love crafting. And nice post,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post Sharon, fantastic start to the Blog Tours!
    I'd like to sign up for the swap too while I'm here please :)
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for being first up with the blog tour. I have joined your blog now and would love to take part, though I live in Ireland (some people don't like to post abroad) xxx

    Gaynor (stitcheranon)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic everyone - such enthusiasm. I'm back home at the weekend and I'll gather everyone's details. Gaynor - I'd love to have you on board - Ireland's not too far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Great idea. I hope it's not too late to join the swap. I've wanted to do one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Lilian - not too late at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to join the swap! Sounds like so much fun..

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea count me in looking forward to the tours xh @strombolitwo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I too would love to join in on the swap but I live in California. Is that a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lilly's Mom (and everyone) - I am planning on sending out a form by this weekend to those who have indicated an interest. One of the questions I will ask is who is willing to post overseas and hopefully we can pair people up accordingly.

    Exciting - there has been lots of interest here and on my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didnt get a form ;-(...have I missed it rofl
    just in case

    stitcheranon@yahoo.co.uk xxxx (uk but I live in Ireland rofl)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya all - I've been in France and ran out of time before I left so I didn't get the forms out. Look out for them in the next couple of days. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok all - we are ready to roll - details via emails or comments been sent to everyone. Please get in touch if you haven't had one. You can also message me on https://www.facebook.com/TheOldButton

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya fellow crafters - incase you are wondering why I've deleted a couple of comments - they were from holiday tour companies leaving spam backlinks to their websites. X The Old Button.

    ReplyDelete